Click inside for five ways to have fun this Christmas weekend.
1. Have a movie night, either at home or at the theater. At home, there will be plenty of holiday movies playing on TV, and you can’t go wrong with any of the classics. The big movies opening at the theaters this week aren’t really Christmas-related, but they’ll be a good diversion for anyone looking to get out of the house. We have “Little Fockers,” a PG-13 addition to the “Meet the Parents” franchise; the PG “Gulliver's Travels,” starring Jack Black; and the PG-13 “True Grit” by the Coen brothers.
2. It’s the perfect weekend to see a holiday concert. Community groups, orchestras and the like should be in full swing this weekend, so check the paper for listings.
3. If you want to make your own music, considering getting a group together for some caroling. Make sure to bundle up if you go!
4. It’s not too late to add a personal touch to Christmas and make your own cards. There are plenty of ideas online, and you can use a basic computer program to make one. This is a great craft idea for kids and will keep them busy for a while.
5. It’s still not too late to go shopping. Last-minute deals abound, so check the paper for ads. And make sure you don’t forget the stocking present!
GateHouse News Service