• The following local students will attend SUNY Oswego for the fall 2013 semester. Clyde-Savannah Central School: Marissa L. Petrus, Spencer R. Thorn; Gananda Central School: Zachary J. Allen; Marion Junior-Senior School: Sam Mitchell; Newark High School: Joseph Gorsuch, Marina L. Ruffalo, Mariah Y. Santana; North Rose-Wolcott High School: Emily E. Baker, Carly Simmons, Katelynn L. Webster; Palmyra-Macedon High School: Jeffrey T. Jones; Red Creek Central School: Remington Fiscus, Cheyenne M. Teeter; Sodus Central School: Ashley White; Wayne Central High School: Andrew Bascom, Travis R. Barend, Tia M. Collier, Adam Crumb, Dylan J. Galusha, Gage C. Geminn, Meaghan E. Quinn, Brayden J. Riel Jacob R. Yankloski; Williamson High School: Casey J. De May, Taylor Flanders, Alexis Ginther, Alex Monachino, Sydney Pfaff.
• The following area transfer students will attend SUNY Oswego for the fall 2013 semester. Cayuga Community College: Chelsea Behm, Crystal M. Shaner, Ashley Tortorello, Alan M. Wisniewski; Central Texas College: Michael A. Scott; Finger Lakes Community College: Nicole Berg, Morgan Dailey, Joshua W. Dobbin, Annalee M. Gutzmer, Taylor Rodbourn, Sarah E. Redington, Kristen Scott; Herkimer College: Tanesha Latham; Hilbery College: Cody M. Argus; Monroe Community College: Ellen O'Malley, Jennilee Lewis; SUNY Alfred: Sean Nolan.
• The following area students were named to the dean's list at St. Bonaventure University for the spring 2013 semester. Nicole Albright, Macedon; Andrew Lannon, North Rose; Caitlin McClare, Macedon; Heather Monahan, Ontario; Elizabeth Pray, Palmyra; Morgan Statt, Marion; Lindsay Stowell, Macedon; James Thompson, Ontario; Elizabeth Truini, Newark. Student's must earn a GPA of 3.25 or better to be named to the dean's list at St. Bonaventure University.
• The following local students were named to the dean's list at Morrisville State College for the spring 2013 semester. Zachary Cappon, Williamson; Cody Chelini, Williamson; Sarah Childs, Newark; Megan Collins, Ontario; Timothy Fry, Sodus; Anthony LaBoy, Savannah; Lewis Mason, Williamson; Jessica Oukes, Walworth; Caitlyn Soudan, Walworth; Eric Van Fleet, Wolcott. To be named to the dean's list, a student must achieve a GPA of 3.0 to 3.99 for the semester and complete 12 credit hours.
• The following area students graduated from Morrisville State College during a commencement held on May 18. Zachary Cappon, Williamson; Cody Chelini, Williamson; Megan Collins, Ontario; Timothy Fry, Sodus; Anthony LaBoy, Savannah; Eric Van Fleet, Wolcott; Alexandra Vargo, Ontario.
• Alexandra Vargo of Ontario was named to the president's list at Morrisville State College for the spring 2013 semester. To be named to the president's list, a student must achieve a 4.0 GPA for the semester and complete at least 12 credit hours.
• Jeana Ganskop of Williamson graduated from SUNY Oneonta during a commencement ceremony held on May 18. Ganskop earned a Master of Arts degree in history museum studies.
• Robert Evans of Red Creek and Brendan Jablonski of Wolcott were named to the dean's list at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for the spring 2013 semester. To be named to the dean's list at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, students must earn a GPA of 3.0 or better and complete at least 12 credit hours of the semester.
Page 2 of 2 - • The following local students received the $18,800 Presidential Scholarships at SUNY Oswego. Zachary J. Allen of Macedon, Gananda Central School graduate; Marissa L. Petrus of Clyde, Clyde-Savannah Central School graduate; Sydney Pfaff of Marion, Williamson High School graduate. First-year students who have completed the strongest academic programs with the highest grade averages and standardized test scores are invited to become Presidential Scholars. Students receiving the $18,800 scholarships have average high school grade averages of 94 and average SAT scores of 1240.
• Nicole Berb of Sodus and Kristen Scott of Walworth received $1,000 Merit Awards at SUNY Oswego. Oswego's merit awards recognize students' past academic achievements and potential for success. A select group among the more than 700 transfer students received the awards. The awardees have a collective college GPA of 3.6 on the 4.0 scale.