• Steven T. Parshall of Williamson took part in an off-campus internship this fall through SUNY Oswego's Experience-Based Education program.
The Experience-Based Education program at Oswego places students in internships and career awareness opportunities that allow them to earn college credits while earning practical experience.
Parshall, a senior human development major, interned with Outpatient Treatment Center in Rochester.
• Six local students received scholarships at Clarkson University during the 2013-2014 academic year.
Kristin Virts of Wolcott, senior innovation & entrepreneurship and social sciences major, received the Joel '57 and Lynda Goldschein Endowed Scholarship.
Daniel Decker of Clyde, senior electrical engineering major, received the A. Douglas Burrow '31 Endowed Scholarship.
Alexandria Gaspar of Ontario, senior mechanical engineering major, received the Jean S. Newell Society of Women Engineers Endowed Scholarship and the Thomas Edward Simpkins '30 Endowed Scholarship.
Jonathan Krest of Macedon, sophomore chemical engineering major, received the Clarkson University Parents Endowed Scholarship.
Alexandra Wolfe of Macedon, sophomore chemical engineering major, received the Joel '57 and Lynda Goldschein Endowed Scholarship.
Anthony Bruni of Newark, sophomore engineering & management major, received the James A. Comstock Memorial Sponsored Scholarship.
• Lia Munoz of Macedon was inducted into Ithaca College's Oracle Honor Society on Nov. 4.
The Oracle Honor Society honors first-year students who have maintained a grade point average in the top 10 percent of their school.
Munoz majors in politics in the School of Humanities and Sciences.
• Kenneth J. Baker of Marion received the Arnold and Helen Barben Endowed Scholarship from Clarkson University during the 2013-14 academic year.
Baker is a junior majoring in electrical engineering.
• Andrew Robert Killeson of Ontario was elected to serve as a student government member at Lebanon Valley College.
The student government is comprised of 36 full-times students. As part of the student government, Killeson will be responsible for building understanding, communication and cooperation among students, faculty and administrators.
The student government also approves all campus organization constitutions, regulates the elections of students government and class officers and appoints student government members to campus committees.
• Meaghan Lambert of Macedon was named to the 2014 edition of “Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.”
The annual listing of “Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges” recognizes outstanding campus leaders nationwide.
Lambert is a member of the class of 2014 at Providence College. She is majoring in economics and is among 44 Providence College students named to the “Who's Who” list.
• Erika Wilson of Ontario was named as a Student Fellow at SUNY Oswego.
Wilson, an applied mathematics major, is one of eight students designated to work on the university system's use of big data.
Students Fellows were chosen for their interest and ability to use big data to enhance academic and professional pursuits.