Finland defeated Russia 3-1 on Wednesday.
The Russian hockey team is leaving the Olympics empty-handed after falling 3-1 to Finland today. Russia was considered one of the favorites in the tournament, but the team couldn't pull out a home win.
Sochi update: U.S maintains medal streak
Quote of note
"To be able to throw it down in the event I had the most pressure in, and the event I was the favorite in -- to be able to do that is awesome. This was really the event that I wanted to win. ... I know where I stand in giant slalom." - Ted Ligety of the U.S., after winning gold in the giant slalom. He is the first American man to win two golds in Alpine skiing.
3-5 p.m. EST, NBC:
- Women's speedskating, 5000 gold medal final
- Men's and women's cross-country, team sprint gold medal finals
8-11:30 p.m. EST, NBC
- Ladies' figure skating, short program
- Men's Alpine skiing, giant slalom gold medal final
- Women's bobsled, gold medal final runs
- Men's snowboarding, parallel giant slalom gold medal final
Go to http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings to see the full lineup of events on TV today.
Russia leads with 22 medals overall, followed by the U.S. with 21 and Netherlands with 20. Norway and Germany lead in golds, with eight apiece.
In case you missed it ...
Meryl Davis and Charlie White discuss winning gold.
More Content Now News