The 14th-annual Mini-Mussel on July 15 consisted of a 750 meter swim, a 16.1 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run.
A number of men and women from the Finger Lakes region were among the top 5 winners Saturday in the Mini-Mussel event held in Geneva. The 14th-annual Mini-Mussel on July 15 consisted of a 750 meter swim, a 16.1 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run.
Awards for the sprint distance race were five-deep in both women’s and men’s:
The top five for the women’s race were as follows:
1. Abbie Sullivan, Canandaigua, NY, 1:17:11
2. Ericka Hachmeister, Corning, NY, 1:17:40
3. Sascha Scott, Syracuse, NY, 1:19:50
4. Gillian Tierney, Churchville, NY, 1:20:35
5. Cheyenne Noble, Pittsburg, PA, 1:21:02
The top five in the men’s race went to:
1. Tyler Murray, Rochester, NY, 1:13:21
2. Darren Schutt, Webster, NY, 1:13:42
3. Dave Bradshaw, Palmyra, NY, 1:13:59
4. Bryan Frank, Alexandria, VA, 1:14:48
5. AJ Beers, Central Square, NY, 1:15:07
The Musselman Triathlon is an annual multi-sport event held in Geneva. It consists of the Musselman Triathlon, a half-iron distance race, as well as the mini-Mussel sprint, the MusselKids race, and the microMussel super-sprint. For more information contact C. D. Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.