Follow the link to see this week’s suggestions, which include watching the Preakness, observing National Bike to Work Day, seeing “Battleship” and more. What are you planning to do this weekend?
1. The second leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown takes place Saturday. I’ll Have Another will try to win the Preakness after winning the Kentucky Derby two weeks ago. The race is at 6:20 p.m. EDT.
2. This week’s expected blockbuster movie is “Battleship,” a PG-13 movie somehow based on the popular board game. Liam Neeson and Rihanna star. Also out this week are “What to Expect When You're Expecting,” a PG-13 comedy drama starring Cameron Diaz; and “The Dictator,” the R comedy from Sacha Baron Cohen starring himself, Anna Faris, John C. Reilly and Ben Kingsley.
3. Friday is National Bike to Work Day, a time when people are encouraged to ditch their automobiles and commute with their bikes if possible. You can ride an old-timey bike, a fancy new version with shocks – whatever, just bike! It’s good for your health and for the environment.
4. Saturday is Armed Forces Day, a day to honor those serving our country in the military. Check the newspaper for events in your town, or check out the official site, http://www.defense.gov/afd/, for more information.
5. A lot of important sports games are taking place this weekend. On Saturday at 2:45 p.m. EDT, the European Champions League final will be broadcast on Fox. This game is one of the biggest soccer games of the year and pits Chelsea against Bayern Munich. Also this weekend are NBA playoff games and NHL playoff games.
GateHouse News Service