Follow the link to see our look at what’s happening this week.
- The 84th Academy Awards will take place Sunday, Feb. 26. The Oscars broadcast begins at 7 p.m. EST on ABC.
- Mardi Gras is Tuesday, and the biggest party will be in – of course – New Orleans. And if it’s Mardi Gras, that means Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.
- The Republican presidential candidates this week will hold another debate. It takes place Wednesday and is sponsored by the Arizona GOP and CNN. Arizona and Michigan hold their primaries on Feb. 28.
- The big movies opening this week are “Wanderlust,” an R-rated comedy starring Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd; “Good Deeds,” PG-13, a comedy starring Tyler Perry; “Gone,” a PG-13 thriller starring Amanda Seyfried; and “Act of Valor,” an R movie about Navy SEALs.
- Among the best new albums this Tuesday are Sinead O'Connor’s “How About I Be Me (And You Be You)?” and The Chieftains’ “Voice Of Ages.” See what else is coming out at Metacritic.com.
Video to note
A man recently suffered a heart attach while eating the Triple Bypass Burger. Watch the report below.
Gas price update
Prices are unseasonably high, topping $3.50 a gallon already.
- This week: $3.523
- 1 week ago: $3.488
- 1 month ago: $3.381
- 1 year ago: $3.133
- Record high: $4.114
GateHouse News Service