• Mr. & Mrs. George Walker of Lyons proudly announce that their daughter, Carrie Robinson, was placed on the dean's list at Finger Lakes Community College for the 2012-2013 academic year. This dean’s list is for part-time matriculated FLCC students who have a minimum of 12 credits and 6 hours of earned credit over the fall and spring terms. Students must also have achieved a 3.5 grade average per semester with no grade below passing and no incompletes.
• Three local students have recently been named to the honors list for the spring 2013 semester at SUNY IT. Students named to the dean’s list include Michelle East, of Palmyra; Kailey Salo, of Red Creek; and Devin Muha, of Walworth.
• Sodus student Sarah Laurel M. Defeo has recently been accepted into the Take Five Scholars Program at the University of Rochester. The program provides undergraduates with the opportunity to enroll for a fifth year of study tuition-free. Defeo is a junior currently majoring in applied mathematics.
• Marion student Beth List recently graduated from Clarion University of Pennsylvania at a May 18 commencement ceremony. List received a master’s degree in library science.
• Several local students have recently been named to the dean’s list for the spring 2013 semester at Clarkson University. Students named to the dean’s list include Jonathan Krest, of Macedon; Alexandra Wolfe, of Macedon; Evan Baxter, of Palmyra; Kenneth Baker, of Marion; Alexandria Gaspar, of Ontario.
• Several local students have recently been named as presidential scholars during the spring 2013 semester at Clarkson University. Students who received this honor include Emma Hayes, of North Rose; Hannah Marchitell, of Clyde; Zachary Rauen, of Ontario; and Kendra Stewart, of North Rose.
• Macedon student Alex Palma has recently participated in a research symposium at Malone University. Palma, a 2013 graduate of Malone University with a degree in psychology, presented a project titled “Clicker Training with Spaced Practice in Developing Rats.”
• Williamson native Ryan Herman recently graduated from Grove City College at a May 18 commencement ceremony. Herman, a 2009 graduate of Victor Senior High School, earned a bachelor’s degree in entrepreneurship.
• Walworth student John Capone has recently been named to the dean’s list for spring 2013 semester at Loyola Marymount University. To be eligible for the dean’s list, students must complete 15 credit hours and earn a GPA of 3.5 or higher during the semester.
• Several local students have recently announced their intention to attend Clarkson University beginning this fall. Students who will attend the university include Christian Schneller, of Macedon; Jacob Taylor, of Sodus; Sarah Jane Mykins, of Macedon; Chelsea Brianna Miller, of Palmyra; Connor Alexander Malboeuf, of Marion; Nicholas Timothy Luciano, Wolcott; Kyle Paul Kuebler, Ontario; and Catianna Rushell Cushman, of Clyde.
Page 2 of 2 - • Local student Claire Barbara Wayman has recently been named to the dean’s list for the spring 2013 semester at Juniata College. To be eligible for the dean’s list students must earn a GPA of 3.6 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Wayman is a 2009 graduate of Homeschool Clearing House.
• Palmyra student Jocelyn Kratzert has recently been named to the dean's list for the spring 2013 semester at Connecticut College. Kratzert was named to the list with high honors.
• Macedon student Raymond Boss has recently been named the recipient of the 2012-2013 Best and Brightest Awards from SUNY Oneonta at a May 8 awards ceremony. The award recognizes students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and service to the college and the local community. Boss is currently majoring in adolescence mathematics education.
• Three local high school students have recently been named the recipients of the Finger Lakes Community College Gemini Student Scholarship. The scholarship, which is available to high school seniors who plan on attending FLCC, covers half of one year's tuition and also allows students to complete FLCC courses prior to finishing high school. Students who received the scholarship include ElleMartel Cummings; Nicle LaVancha; and Benjamin Talillie.
• Macedon resident Amy Krug recently received a degree from Messiah College during a May 18 commencement ceremony. Krug graduated summa cum laude with a degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Walworth student John Capone has recently been named to the dean's list for the spring 2013 semester at Loyola Marymount University. To be eligible for the dean's list, students must complete at least 15 credit hours and earn a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
• Palmyra student Erin Breen has recently been named to the dean's list for the spring 2013 semester at Susquehanna University. To be eligible for the dean's list, students must complete at least 12 credit hours and earn a GPA of 3.4 or higher during the semester. Breen, a 2011 graduate of Palmyra Macedon High School, is a junior currently majoring in business administration.