|
|
|
Wayne Post
  • Accused sex abuser Leslie Hoke, of Canandaigua, will be back in court Friday

  • A former volunteer coach and firefighter accused of sexually abusing boys earlier this year will be back in Ontario Court Friday.



    Leslie Hoke, 37, of Canandaigua, will either choose to take a plea deal or request the case be taken to trial, Ontario County District Attorney R. Michael Tantillo said. He will be in court at 10 a.m. before Judge Craig Doran.

    • email print
  • A former volunteer coach and firefighter accused of sexually abusing boys earlier this year will be back in Ontario Court Friday.
    Leslie Hoke, 37, of Canandaigua, will either choose to take a plea deal or request the case be taken to trial, Ontario County District Attorney R. Michael Tantillo said. He will be in court at 10 a.m. before Judge Craig Doran.
    The Ontario County District Attorney’s office is recommending a sentence of 20 years if Hoke accepts the deal.
    “If he accepts this and pleads guilty, he will be sentenced to that term early next year,” Tantillo said. “If he declines, then we will present our cases against him to a grand jury and proceed with the prosecution on an indictment.”
    Hoke was charged with first-degree criminal sex act by New York State Police May 24. When Hoke was arrested, Investigator Chris Burns said a criminal sex act charge comes about when anal or oral sex is engaged with the victim.
    Troopers said the boys ranged from 8 to 18 years old.
    According to police, Hoke volunteered as a coach and with fire departments, where he allegedly enticed young boys to his apartment. He allegedly used marijuana, alcohol, video games and movies to lure the boys to his apartment, police added.
    Hoke’s alleged behavior started 13 years ago, with alleged victims locally, along with Seneca and Steuben counties, troopers said.
     
      • calendar