|
|
|
Wayne Post
  • Grill causes Palmyra house fire that displaces two families

  • Two families were displaced after a fire at a two-story Palmyra house began Friday evening when a grill caught on fire, said Jeffery Bulman, third assistant chief with the Palmyra Fire Department.

    • email print
  • Two families were displaced after a fire at a two-story Palmyra house began Friday evening when a grill caught on fire, said Jeffery Bulman, third assistant chief with the Palmyra Fire Department.
    The Palmyra, Macedon, Port Gibson and Williamson fire departments responded to 125 Fayette St. at about 6 p.m. Friday. Bulman said the initial report was that a grill was on fire, but when crews arrived on the scene, the back corner of an addition to the house had caught on fire.
    Bulman said it took about an hour and a half to completely extinguish the fire, which did not extend into the original structure of the house.
    Bulman said everyone was out of the house by the time fire crews arrived, and there were no injuries. There was damage to the outside of the addition and to the roof, as well as water and smoke damage inside the home, he said.
    The American Red Cross assisted the residents of the house, Bulman said.
      • calendar