Palmyra Animal Hospital is now offering Puppy Kindergarten, which focuses on socialization and also covers a variety of topics, such as obedience training, clicker training, aggressive behavior and first aid.
Scheduled discussions include the importance of dental health, how to puppy-proof your home against common canine toxins and first aid and emergencies.
Details about the seven-week course:
* Each class lasts about an hour. During that hour, exercises and skills are demonstrated for you and your family to practice at home with your puppy during the rest of the week. (Yikes…HOMEWORK!!!) Puppies also have free time to interact and play with each other. This helps to reinforce appropriate play behavior.
* Classes are for puppies aged seven weeks to six months.
* Children between ages 4 and 17 are welcome, with adult supervision. Having your children involved in training your puppy can be a great learning experience.
* We welcome up to three family members to attend with each puppy. If there are circumstances in which you would like more than three family members to attend class, special arrangements can be made with the instructor.
* The cost of the entire seven week course is only $75. Discounts are available for multiple puppy households.
If your puppy is not currently a patient at Palmyra Animal Hospital, you need to provide proof that your puppy has been examined by a veterinarian and received its first distemper vaccination. Although kennel cough vaccination is not required, we strongly encourage it any time your puppy will be in contact with other puppies or dogs. Your puppy must be free of fleas. If not, we will apply flea control for an additional fee.
If you have more questions or would like to register for a course, please contact Llisa Spencer at (315) 597-4567.