Where can I get assistance with high heat bills?

Your question answered
Where can I get assistance with high heat bills?

The answer
Starting Nov. 16, if you need assistance heating your home this winter and meet income requirements, applications will be accepted for the Home Energy Assistance Program for people 59 years of age and younger at the Social Services Department. The DSS HEAP information phone line, (315) 946-7620, has basic HEAP information and allows the caller to speak to a HEAP worker if needed. Those 60 and older or who are disabled and of any age should contact the Wayne County Department of Aging and Youth at (315) 946-5624 and provide your name and address so an application can be sent out. Senior citizens or disabled individuals of any age who received HEAP assistance in the past have already received applications for this year’s HEAP benefit and do not need to request another application.

What this means to you
There’s no need to be in the cold this winter. In addition to HEAP, New York State Electric and Gas and Rochester gas & Electric offer assistance, budget plans and even energy gift cards that can be purchased and used y customers. For more information, visitwww.nyseg.com/YourAccount/payyourbill/default.html or http://www.rge.com/YourAccount/payyourbill/default.html.

HOW TO SUBMIT If you have a question, we want to give you an answer. Send a question, name and contact information to:
EMAIL tcurry@messengerpostmedia.com
PHONE (315) 331-6945, Ext. 27.