A Seneca County man who admitted to driving drunk and killing two people on a motorcycle has learned his fate.

Earl Wilson of Romulus was sentenced Friday to 15 years to life in prison. Last month, a judge denied his attempt to withdraw his guilty pleas to manslaughter and aggravated vehicular homicide.

In an exclusive jailhouse interview with News 10NBC, Wilson said information showed the motorcycle driver, Steven Lester, had also been drinking. Mr. Lester, 49, of Manchester, and passenger Patricia Perryman, 47, of Canandaigua, were killed in the crash last September on Route 96A in the town of Fayette.

Wilson himself had a blood-alcohol level of .23. This also wasn't his first DWI — he has six previous DWI convictions, including two misdemeanor DWIs in 2014 and 1993, along with felony DWIs in 2003, 1998, and two in 1997.

The victims' family members say they are glad it's over, but nothing about this has been easy. Both of the families say, whether or not Earl Wilson spends the rest of his life behind bars, it still won't bring back their loved ones.

"It's the best we're going to get. You don't get your kids back," said Prudy Boak, Mr. Lester's mother.

Boak spoke at Friday's sentencing. She reflected on the life of her son and his friend Ms. Perryman.

After sentencing, when asked for his thoughts by News 10NBC, Wilson replied, "Nothing in particular." He indicated he planned to appeal and that there was nothing he'd like to say to the families.

Boak said the defendant did not appear remorseful.

"No, he never looked over at anybody and just looked forward and didn't say a word," Boak said. "He was just worried about trying to get out of it."

Mr. Lester and Ms. Perryman were on their way back home from a motorcycle trip to Seneca Lake to see the sunset when they were struck and killed instantly by Wilson's vehicle. Mr. Lester was an automotive technician at Randall Buick GMC Cadillac in Canandaigua.

Immediately after the violent impact, Wilson attempted to flee from the scene. However, an off-duty state trooper who happened upon the crash moments after it took place chased him down.